Research Associate 'Data Science'
The chair of information systems at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany (KIT) seeks to fill a vacancy for a
as soon as possible. We are looking for an individual who wants to pursue a PhD.
The topic will be the design, implementation and evaluation of methods and tools for the analysis of high-dimensional data and data streams (big data analytics, data mining).
We expect good knowledge in the field of databases and/or data analysis and programming skills or at least the willingness to acquire such abilities in short time. Important prerequisites are interest in scientific work and a Master degree in computer science or a related discipline, e.g., math, physics, information engineering, business informatics. In order to be successful, candidates should demonstrate that they are/have been excellent students. Your application should at least consist of a (short) statement of motivation, university transcripts including grades and your CV.
- a lot of headspace for scientific development,
- very good personnal guidance and support,
- a fascinating research topic that has a lot of societal relevance right now,
- a very good working environment in an international research group with numerous occasions for cooperation,
- many opportunities for personnal growth and further training at KIT, an institution that is both a university and a large-scale research facility,
- an excellent living environment in an attractive, vibrant city in one of the most beautiful regions in Germany,
- a salary that covers the living expenses in Germany well, together with free university registration.
KIT is interested in increasing the share of women working in sciences and looks forward to applications from women in particular. Severely disabled applicants will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please email your application to Prof. Klemens Böhm, klemens.boehmatkit.edu, who is also happy to answer any further questions.